FAQs Register My Vehicle
How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
Your payment in our office will include title fees, transfer fees, registration, and property tax. You may also have late fees, special plate fees, sales tax, etc. depending on what you choose with your transaction.
* Property tax is paid at the time of registration/title application and is determined in the County Treasurer's Office. Get an estimate here: Vehicle Property Tax and Fee Estimator The exceptions are heavy trucks, trailers, and mopeds. Those are paid to the County Appraiser's Office. You should receive your tax statement in November and each half of your property tax is be due on December 20th and May 10th.
* Reflectorized plate fee is $0.50.
* Sales tax will be collected in the County Treasurer’s Office if the vehicle is bought from an individual, purchased out of state or the sales tax paid to a dealer was less than the sales tax rate where the vehicle will be registered.
* The fee to transfer a tag is $20.50 plus the difference in the property tax.
* Lien holder fee is $1.50.
* Registration Fees:
Autos less than 4500 pounds: $39.00
Autos over 4500 pounds/12M Trucks: $49.00
Trailers: the weight of the trailer and the load combined is less than 2,000 pounds, registration is optional. Our office recommends tagging and titling on initial purchase for proof of ownership. If a farm trailer hauling the farmer's own product has a load of less than 6,000 pounds, registration is optional. For fees on trucks with gross weight of over 16,000 pounds, call the County Treasurer's Office at 913-804-6050.
*Trailer registration fees:
2000 - 8000 pounds: $35.00
8001 - 12000 pounds: $45.00
12001 pounds and over: $55.00